Tuesday, February 8, 2011

healthier hair tricks.

I went to the barbershop to get a trim this weekend. Yes, I go to a barbershop because it is LA and it is impossible to get a good haircut for under $100. Floyds barbershop on Melrose does a great job for $35!


While sitting in the chair looking at how pale I look under those awful lights and black cape (you know you know what I'm talking about), my hairdresser says to me, "You have really, really great hair. It is so soft and healthy." Oh wow, that made my day! Here's why - if you know me, you know I spent years damaging my hair with highlights. I've spent the last year or so putting the life back into my hair. So, I thought I would share my secret. I promise you will notice a difference within a week.


1. Switch to sulfate-free shampoo. There are many fabulous brands, but as we know I'm on a budget. I buy Ever-Pure L'oreal Sulfate-Free at the drug store. You will notice a difference right away!
2. Moroccon oil - I use this 2-3 times a week. Run it through damp hair before blowing dry. (Careful not to use too much, it will leave your hair looking greasy...eww.)
3. Multivitamin - Something you should take daily anyway, but with Women's Ultra Mega you also get the added bonus of collagen and biotin which is great for your hair, nails and skin.

No comments: